Scheduling virtual classes
To schedule a virtual, formal class, such as those classes which are timetabled for in SEQTA, follow these steps. We will use the 09/10 Coding class as an example of how to format the meeting.
- In Teams, click Calendar on the left-hand side.
- In the top right of the new screen, click “New Meeting”.
- In the meeting setup window, enter the details as follows to match convention:
- Title example: 09/10 Coding – Wednesday P3
- Ensure that the date and time match that as in SEQTA. Set the date to be the next date of that class.
- Set the recurrence to “Custom”.
- Set the start date to be the next date of that class.
- Ensure the day of the week that the class runs on is selected. (e.g. ‘W’ for Wednesday in the image below)
- Set the end date to be the final date of the class in the current term. (For example, term 1 in 2020 ends on April 3)
- Your settings should look like this:
- Click ‘Save’ in the bottom right.
- Set the Channel to be the “General” channel of the related Team.
- (Optional) Add a brief description to the meeting.
- Your meeting details should look like this:
- If everything looks OK, click “Send” in the top right of the window.
Note: you do not need to specify the “Attendees” of the meeting as it will automatically invite all users in the channel that you have specified.
To complete setup of the virtual class, adjust the settings to set yourself as the "Presenter" and ensure that students cannot take control of the class:
- Click Calendar on the left-hand side of the application.
- Navigate in the calendar to your class you have just created, then click on it.
- Click “View series”, if you see it, and wait for the page to refresh.
- Click “Meeting options”, which will open a page in your web browser.
- Change “Who can present?” to “Only me”.
- Click “Save”.
Your virtual class is now fully configured and ready for use.