There are a few situations where you may want to change your password. 'How to change / reset my ASATS user account password?'.
- The longer that your password is being used, the more likely it is to be compromised. This is why we have a 12 month expiry on ASATS user account passwords.
- You might be using a weak password. See tip below.
- Someone else knows your password, or you suspect someone else might know your password.
- When your computer has been stolen or lost.
- You have just given remote control of your computer to a suspicious person who you do not know the identity of.
- You entered account details into a page that you subsequently suspect may have been a spam email
All of these reasons are an extremely good motivator or requirement for changing your password, especially when you consider the important information that your account has access to.